The acne breakouts are gone – but thanks to acne scars, it may still look like you have blemished skin. Acne scars can be just as debilitating as acne itself; unfortunately, there aren’t many over-the-counter treatments that effectively treat acne scars.
If you suffer from acne scarring, your best option for getting a clear complexion is to undergo one of many acne scar treatments at Total Dermatology in Irvine, CA. Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Nissan Pilest customizes every acne scar treatment to suit the specific type of scar. After all, not all scars are the same, their treatments shouldn’t be, either.
Here are the different types of acne scars you may have, along with their subsequent treatment:
- Red acne scars: A retinol treatment can slowly fade the look of red acne scars; however, if you’re looking for faster results, the VBeam is your best bet. This pulsed-dye laser targets the different pigmentations in your skin to fade the appearance of red acne scars.
- Indented acne scars: Intensif microneedling, eMatrix, and Fraxel laser therapy can all be used to treat indented acne scars. Best of all, these treatments can be used on the same day for improved results.
- Rolling scars: Subcision involves using a surgical scalpel to remove the deep acne scar, while Bellafill Acne Scar Filler can be used to fill in deep acne scars for immediate results.
- Ice pick scarring: TCA Cross can be used to fill in ice pick acne scars; this treatment involves placing a small amount of TCA chemical peel in the ice pick scar. Doing this causes irritation, which triggers collagen to build new fibers and fill in the ice pick scar.
- Pigmented scars: Brown or red acne scars can be treated with chemical peels (which remove the damaged skin layer) or laser resurfacing procedures to target and destroy pigmented scars. The type of laser used will vary based on your skin type.
Wondering which acne scar treatment is right for you? Schedule your consultation with Dr. Pilest at Total Dermatology in Irvine, CA today. (949) 727-3800
Total Dermatology serves the greater Orange County area, including Newport Beach.