Brighter Lighter Skin With Cosmelan
Cosmelan is a power-level treatment program for reduction of:
- Brown spots
- Skin Discoloration
- Hormonal Hyper Pigmentation
Cosmelan has been used for years both here and abroad. It has effectively given our patients some of the highest levels of pigment reduction available in a topical formulation. Peel performed in-office only.
Safe for All Skin Types
Cosmelan is a time-tested and successful treatment for skins of all types and ages. Skin discoloration bothers a huge percentage of the population in Southern California.
Lifting pigmentation and keeping pigment formation under control is the dual goal of Cosmelan – and for most patients, it works very well! Sun exposure will re-ignite pigment formation, so diligence in sun avoidance and sun protection helps prolong the improvements.
Why Cosmelan is Effective & Safe
- No hydroquinone – appropriate for nearly every skin type.
- Multiple pigment-removing ingredients combined in one system.
- Accelerated cell turnover “pushes” present pigment cells to the surface where they are sloughed off.
Expect a little peeling and redness – that’s all normal!
Cosmelan will cause noticeable peeling and redness in the first 3 to 5 days. We recommend beginning your treatment near the end of the week so the major peeling is experienced over the weekend when you will not be in school or at work.
*Note: You MUST protect your skin from sun exposure with a full spectrum sunblock to prevent pigmentation return.
*Individuals Results May Vary.
CONSULTATIONS WITH DR. PILEST
ARE AVAILABLE NOW
Take the Worry Out of the Peel Process
- All types of melasma and pigmentation
- Fast results in as little as two weeks
- Compatible with light and dark skin types (Fitzpatrick I – VI)
- Treatment can begin and be used all year round
- Very effective for acne patients
- Includes retinoic acid for cell turnover and renewal
- High safety margin
Active Ingredients – Cosmelan® Pack
Cosmelan 1 – Cream (10g)
Retinoic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Licorice Extract, Salicylic Acid, Retinol Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Nicotonomide, Alo Babadensis, Titanium Dioxide
Cosmelan 2 – Maintenance Cream (30g)
Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid
mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream (50ml)
Hydro nutritional cream for face and neck. Hydroviton, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oil.
Preliminary Information You Need to Know
Important: If you have undergone any previous treatments, especially with glycolic acid, these treatments must be completely stopped at least one week prior to using Cosmelan® Depigmentation treatment.
The Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment is only administered in a medical office and support products must be continued at home, on a daily basis, according to the guidelines indicated.
The treatment must not be interrupted under any circumstances, during the whole time prescribed. As melanin production is being suppressed, failure to maintain proper use of sunscreen and your support products may allow reactivation of pigment production cycles.
Cosmelan Depigmentation is NOT TO BE COMBINED with any other depigmentation treatments.
No treatment guarantees complete removal of undesirable pigmentation. Please know we will do the best possible on your behalf but do set your expectations realistically.
Follow up visits are recommended 15 days after the beginning of treatment, and 30 days after, and a follow-up treatment every month thereafter.
*Individual results may vary.
Treatment Application – Cosmelan Depigmentation Treatment
Dr. Pilest has set a new protocol for the Cosmelan program. 70% of the mask (in office) will be used on your initial visit. 21 days later you will come in for the remaining 30% in the form of a spot treatment. This 2 session program shows better results than a single application.
Application of Degreasing Solution
- Clean skin with water and neutral cleanser.
- Apply Degreasing solution to the whole area to be treated. It will get rid of all impurities and oil from the skin to achieve optimum penetration of Cosmelan® 1 – Cream
Application of Cosmelan® 1 – Cream
- Evenly distribute the cream to form a face mask, applying a thicker layer over blemishes gradually thinning out over the rest of the face.
- The patient goes home with the mask applied based on the Fitzpatrick phototype classification suggested below.
- After the action time has elapsed, the patient must remove the mask with water and a neutral cleanser.
- Following, the patient will immediately apply a layer of mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream over the whole surface treated.
Home Treatment – Cosmelan® 2 Maintenance Cream
- Clean Face completely, every time mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 is applied.
- Apply a thin layer of mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 all over face mask style, with a light, circular movement.
- Apply mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K to the face and neck with a light, circular motion 15 minutes after applying mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2. Use daily.
For best results, continue the daily application of mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 up to one year after treatment.
“I love the difference! I feel more confident, even without makeup on. I am so glad I came to Dr. Pilest’s office and had this procedure.”
We love our patients at Total Dermatology! Read what our satisfied patients have to say about their experiences with Dr. Pilest and our team.
*Individual Results May Vary
First and Second day
- During the first three to five days of the treatment, the skin will peel and be red.
- If the skin is very sensitive, the patient may experience an itching feeling.
- Slight burning and tightening of the skin is also absolutely normal, especially during the first few hours right after starting the treatment.
- To relieve these problems, it is advisable to apply the mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K whenever necessary.
Reddening of the Skin
The reddening that occurs on the face after applying the mesoestetic® Cosmelan is expected and is normal.
Flaking and Peeling
Flaking and peeling will occur on all skin types (and more intensely in phototypes I and II) between the second and third days. In this case, it is advisable to apply the Mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K cream, repeating this every two hours on the day when the flaking is most intense.
Fifth and Sixth day
After the fifth or sixth day, your skin will be calmer and you should notice some initial fading of pigmentation. When peeling is complete you will notice much smoother skin.
Take the First Step – Request a Consultation
If you would like to schedule an in-person consultation or learn which treatment is right for you, please fill out the form on this page and one of our knowledgeable medical staff members at Total Dermatology will reach out to you promptly. You can also call our Irvine office directly to schedule. (949) 727-3800
Total Dermatology serves the Irvine, CA area.
*Individual Results May Vary