Cosmelan is a power-level treatment program for reduction of:
Cosmelan has been used for years both here and abroad. Total Dermatology strives to deliver the best Cosmelan Peels Irvine has to offer. It has effectively given our patients some of the highest levels of pigment reduction available in a topical formulation. Peel performed in-office only.
Cosmelan is a time-tested and successful treatment for skins of all types and ages. Skin discoloration bothers a huge percentage of the population in Southern California. Lifting pigmentation and keeping pigment formation under control is the dual goal of Cosmelan – and for most of our Irvine Cosmelan Peel patients, it works very well! Sun exposure will re-ignite pigment formation, so diligence in sun avoidance and sun protection helps prolong the improvements.
Expect a little peeling and redness – that’s all normal! Cosmelan will cause noticeable peeling and redness in the first 3 to 5 days. We recommend beginning your Cosmelan treatment near the end of the week so the major peeling is experienced over the weekend when you will not be in school or at work. *Note: You MUST protect your skin from sun exposure with a full spectrum sunblock to prevent pigmentation return.
Cosmelan 1 – Cream (10g)
Retinoic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Licorice Extract, Salicylic Acid, Retinol Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Nicotonomide, Alo Babadensis, Titanium Dioxide
Cosmelan 2 – Maintenance Cream (30g)
Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid
Mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream (50ml)
Hydro nutritional cream for face and neck. Hydroviton, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oil.
Important: If you have undergone any previous treatments, especially with glycolic acid, these treatments must be completely stopped at least one week prior to using Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment. The Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment is only administered in a medical office and support products must be continued at home, on a daily basis, according to the guidelines indicated. The treatment must not be interrupted under any circumstances, during the whole time prescribed. As melanin production is being suppressed, failure to maintain proper use of sunscreen and your support products may allow reactivation of pigment production cycles. Cosmelan Depigmentation is NOT TO BE COMBINED with any other depigmentation treatments. No treatment guarantees complete removal of undesirable pigmentation. Please know we will do the best possible on your behalf but do set your expectations realistically. Follow up visits are recommended 15 days after the beginning of treatment, and 30 days after, and a follow-up treatment every month thereafter.
Dr. Pilest has set a new protocol for the Cosmelan program. 70% of the mask (in office) will be used on your initial visit. 21 days later you will come in for the remaining 30% in the form of a spot treatment. This 2 session program shows better results than a single application.
For best results, continue the daily application of mesoestetic Cosmelan 2 up to one year after treatment.
“I love the difference! I feel more confident, even without makeup on. I am so glad I came to Dr. Pilest’s office and had this procedure.”
We love our patients at Total Dermatology! Read what our satisfied patients have to say about their experiences with Dr. Pilest and our team.
“The staff is amazing and sweet. Professional, kind, prompt, and the best service. I will only get my Juvederm and lip injections here!”
— Priscilla S.
“Dr. Pilest is the best injector in Orange County. Obviously, no one likes needles, but he makes getting a little botox painless. I make the drive all the way from L.A. just to see him and his amazing staff.”
— Kay S.
“I have been coming here for about 5-6 months and the service is amazing. All staff members are very welcoming. They have helped with my skin so much. I totally recommend them.”
— Victoria L.
*Individual Results May Vary
The reddening that occurs on the face after applying the mesoestetic® Cosmelan is expected and is normal.
Flaking and peeling will occur on all skin types (and more intensely in phototypes I and II) between the second and third days. In this case, it is advisable to apply the Mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K cream, repeating this every two hours on the day when the flaking is most intense.
After the fifth or sixth day, your skin will be calmer and you should notice some initial fading of pigmentation. When peeling is complete you will notice much smoother skin.
*Individual Results May Vary
When it comes to your skin and your health, it really is all about what’s best for you. Total Dermatology understands this, which is why we offer versatile treatments with experienced and highly trained aesthetic professionals led by Dr. Nissan Pilest. Your Total Dermatology transformation awaits.