Dr. Nissan Pilest
Board Certified Dermatologist by the American Board of Dermatology
Nissan Pilest, M.D. is a board certified dermatologist dedicated to the art of aesthetic dermatology. He has developed a national reputation with his dermatology practice, treating both medical and cosmetic patients, beginning in 1979. Dr. Pilest has practiced in Orange County, California for over 37 years.
Top Doctor 2015
Over a million physicians in the country can inject – only 3% qualify for Expert Injector status.
Dr. Pilest has attained the coveted Circle of Excellence from the American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons.
Known for his extensive experience and superior aesthetic talent, he was named the Dermatologist of the Year by the Consumer Business Review and is the winner of the Doctor’s Choice Award for 2014 and 2015. Additionally, he is listed in the “Best Doctors Book” for 2000-2001 and 2004-2005.
Leading the way in Cosmetic Dermatology
Dr. Pilest prides himself with staying on top of the latest technologies as well as the newest techniques, remaining on the cutting edge of all aesthetic cosmetic procedures. He knows that “A growing practice demands a growing Doctor.”
Dr. Pilest is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California, Irvine. He was elected President of the Dermatological Society of Orange County in 2012 and is a Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
Dr. Pilest is also well known in his community for being a Training Physician for injectables and lasers. He is a Physician trainer for the new Juvederm Voluma, an Allergan Botox/Medicis Dysport Training Physician, Platinum Plus Botox Physician, Platinum Plus Juvederm Physician, Platinum Restylane Physician, Radiesse Black Card Expert Physician since 2007, Laser Training Physician, Advanced Certification for Thermage, and Fraxel Re:Store/Fraxel Re:Pair CO2 Laser Training Physician for Solta Medical Aesthetics. He is also a professional speaker for the new Thermage technology.
Dr. Pilest has been named to the Circle of Excellence in Soft Tissue Fillers. This inclusion in this prestigious group of physicians represents a special industry recognition of knowledge and ability.
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery awards this designation to board certified dermatologists who have demonstrated their knowledge through one of the most rigorous qualifying exams in the industry.
“The exams remind you of your medical board exams – there’s no way to pass unless you know exactly what you’re required to know. As it should be. My patients trust me with their personal appearance and it’s my privilege and duty to be sure I’m amply qualified to do the job as perfectly as possible!”
Winner of the Best Dermatologist of Irvine in 2012, Dr. Pilest has also been awarded Best Dermatologist in Irvine for 2014. Read Press
A caring doctor
Dr. Pilest routinely donates his time and services to charities that benefit cancer patients, such as Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation and The Breast Cancer Foundation. He is married and has two grown children, a son and a daughter. He is an avid traveler.
Memberships and professional positions
- 2015 Physician of Excellence Orange County Medical Association
- Doctor’s Choice Award Winner 2014 & 2015
- Merz Aesthetics Platinum Provider 2015
- 2014 Best Dermatologist Irvine, California
- 2012 Best Dermatologist Irvine, California
- Assistant Clinical Professor (Active), University of California, Irvine.
- Diplomat American Board of Dermatology
- Member, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- President, Dermatologic Society of Orange County (2012)
- Member, California Medical Association
- Member, Orange County Medical Association
- Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Practicing in Orange County since 1979
- Member California Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- Hoag Affiliate Staff Department of Dermatology
- Certified Advanced Physician for Fraxel Laser
- Allergan Botox Training Physician
- Physician Trainer for Juvederm Voluma
- Medicis Dysport Training Physician
- Platinum Plus Botox Physician
- Platinum Plus Juvederm Physician
- Platinum Restylane Physician
- Radiesse Black Card Expert Physician
- Laser Training Physician for Candela and Solta
- Advanced Certification for Thermage
- Fraxel Re:Pair CO2 Laser Training Physician for Reliant Technologies (Solta)- Invitation Only
- Medical Education Faculty Member for Bioform/Merz*
- Advanced Botox Education Faculty Member – Invitation Only
- Advanced Radiesse Faculty Training – Invitation Only
- SDS Clinical Trials Physician – As an SDS Clinical Trials our patients will be notified of clinical trial opportunities.
- Dr. Pilest in the Media
|Dr. Nissan Pilest
Fraxel Laser ExpertDr. Nissan Pilest is an expert provider of Fraxel in Orange County. View before and after photos of this highly effective treatment to see what is possible.
Top Doctor for Realself.com
Top Scar removal Doctor 2011
Top Injectable fillers Doctor 2011
Top Restylane Doctor 2011
Top Juvederm Doctor 2011
Top Fraxel Laser Doctor 2011
Top Botox Doctor 2011
Beauty Expert – New Beauty Magazine.
“Dr. Pilest is particularly enthusiastic about the possibilities of combining the new Fraxel Re:Pair C02 laser with re-volumizers like Sculptra®”